Youth Strategies for Support in 2021
Youth Culture is committed to continuing and enhancing support for youth in 2021 and beyond.
• Free Certificate Program in Career Discovery & Essentials available online for participation in Youth Culture workshops and Industry Learning Pods.
• Virtual meetups with Industry Professionals.
• Development of a career portal to highlight career paths and future industries with employment opportunities.
• Free workshops to develop in-demand skills through Youth Culture and our partners.
• Free professional development for youth on writing resumes, practicing for interviews, time management, and networking.
• Tailored professional development sessions for newcomers and youth with disabilities.
• Establishment of a Youth Consortium to align support initiatives through bringing together community navigators, government, industry, education, organizations and youth.
• Launch pilot project of pre-teen Youth Council to interact with existing Youth Advisory Council to understand needs of Gen Alpha.
• Increased participation in the MentorAbility program to match youth with disabilities to industry professionals.
• Deliver Unconscious Bias workshops to Industry.
• Share accessibility best practices from a workforce onboarding perspective.
• Continue virtual events and workshops highlighting diversity and inclusion in partnership with TD.
• Launch monthly Industry Learning Pods to highlight innovative projects in the Advanced Manufacturing sector and Canada’s Superclusters in partnership with NGen.
• Establish frequent networking opportunities with industry experts including Lakeside
• Support coding workshop delivery to at-risk youth through Mind Fuel partnership.
• Continue outreach to school boards (TDSB partnership confirmed for spring 2021).
• Through partnership with Project Northern Lights (PNL), deliver professional development workshops to newcomers and underrepresented youth
• Continue to promote diverse authors through Celebrating Diversity Book Club in partnership with Anansi Press and Groundwood Books.